Wartime Beauty Fix No 3 - Vegtable Dyes for Hair

In the war with hair dye hard to obtain women used natural vegetable dyes so today I am trying dying my hair with indigo with mixed results. The dye seemed to have covered my roots fairly well but I'm not sure how long it will last. The instructions I found online state that you are meant to use henna first and then indigo to avoid the greenish tinge but with an hour of development time for each it was just too long so I ditched the henna.

For instructions on dying hair with indigo check out this website. Here are the results.
The downsides are the mess it makes of the bathroom and the disgusting smell. Also it takes an hour to develop and isn't cheap compare to normal hair dye so I think in the future I'll just stick to conventional dyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment